Wednesday, December 1, 2010

British Royal Wedding... Which Liturgy?

I just stumbled upon this post over at Cranmer’s Curate, which brings up the interesting question of which liturgy is likely to be used in the British royal wedding ceremony of Prince William and his fiancé Catherine. The author points out that if the royal couple ends up with the liturgy taken from the older Book of Common Prayer the observers of the ceremony will be in for a dose of old time conservative Christian doctrine. It will be interesting to see if they choose to go this route and if so what the response will be from many of those more progressive Anglicans who no longer accept the truth of those words.

BTW… In the interest of full disclosure I would like to point out that I was not familiar with the Cranmer site and stumbled upon it while looking for something else. I saw the link to this site on another unfamiliar site: Reasonable Christian.  I haven’t had time to read too much on either site yet but both look like potentially interesting sites. I intend to check them out in more depth and wanted to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment